Skip to main content
Topic: Hello Megathread (Read 1772 times) previous topic - next topic

Hello Megathread

Everyone say hi!

I'll go first. I am a Redditor who got to this site via an askreddit post, now I use this more than reddit.

Re: Hello Megathread

Reply #1
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Everyone say hi!

I'll go first. I am a Redditor who got to this sit via an askreddit post, now I use this more than reddit.

Welcome to the Forum! Glad to have ya here! :-)

Reply #2
I found this while browsing MDL

Reply #3
Can't remember how I got here but find it very useful. I pop in to chat most days but don't always have time to talk.

Reply #4
Glad ya found us! Welcome :-)

Reply #5
Hi all !
Find the site via Reddit, now it's my home page.
Love it.

Reply #6
Hi all !
Find the site via Reddit, now it's my home page.
Love it.

Welcome, glad to have you here :-)

Reply #7
I read about this site in my local newspaper about an year ago!!

Reply #8
I read about this site in my local newspaper about an year ago!!

local newspaper? now im interested. Can you provide a photo or link?

Reply #9
Hello all   :)

Reply #10
Hello all,

Found out about weboasis in a (german) IT forum about half a year ago. Using it since as my personal homepage. Found this forum through the subtle ,-) hint in the search bar.

Cheers, Alex

Reply #11
Hello all,

Found out about weboasis in a (german) IT forum about half a year ago. Using it since as my personal homepage. Found this forum through the subtle ,-) hint in the search bar.

Cheers, Alex

Haha, people weren't noticing it so I changed the name "Google" in our search script to "< CHECK OUT NEW FORUM" for like 24 hours. I just switched it back, hopefully it convinces more than just 1 person to join lol...but we are glad to have you here Alex Mars. Welcome sir :-)

Reply #12
Hello folks,

I've been using the main page as my homepage for a while now, but I only heard about the forum today from a random reddit post about r/piracy's pending demise.

Reply #13
Hello folks,

I've been using the main page as my homepage for a while now, but I only heard about the forum today from a random reddit post about r/piracy's pending demise.

Sad to hear about Reddit giving all these controversial subreddits a bunch of grief lately. They are trying to go mainstream as a social media platform and realize they can't have any subs that will piss off advertisers.

Welcome to WebOasis glad to have ya here.

Reply #14
Hello! I feel I arrived just in time! Thank you for creating this!

Reply #15
Hi! Heard about the weboasis from reddit a few months ago!

Reply #16
Hello!

Hello folks,

Same here. Initially heard about weboas.is from r/DataHoarders, first time I've actually changed my home page to something other than Google!

Reply #17
This is such a both beautiful and functional site. Good to see now this site also has some rooms to talk as well.

Reply #18
Hi! Seems to be a common reason - heard about weboas.is awhile back, joining now that I've been made aware of the forum from r/datahoarders. Already feeling better here ;)

Reply #19
Came looking for reddit alternatives. That site has been in the gutter with moderation and astroturfing for too long.

Will this site have more virually compact discussion pages in the future? I always thought it was silly how much wasted space there was in these forum formats.

Reply #20
Everyone say hi!

I'll go first. I am a Redditor who got to this sit via an askreddit post, now I use this more than reddit.

Welcome

Reply #22
Hi there, I'm SurfingBunny on Reddit. Speaking of which, I lurk that site from time to time.

Reply #23
Welcome everyone, glad you are all here. We hope to continue to grow and develop into a thriving community. This is certainly a great start!

Reply #24
Sad to hear about Reddit giving all these controversial subreddits a bunch of grief lately. They are trying to go mainstream as a social media platform and realize they can't have any subs that will piss off advertisers.

yeah they pretty much nuked r/imgoingtohellforthis , r/offensivememes and a bunch of other subs