Skip to main content
Topic: Mining (Read 184 times) previous topic - next topic

Mining

Hey guys. Like i said in the last post, I'm still eager to jump into crypto.However no I have questions about mining. How do I do it? What's the process? What should I mine for? What should I avoid? I would love some in depth responses, or at least some links to some :P
thx~

(P.S. I'm mainly focusing on monero (thx admin), so try to have the answers correspond with that in some way..)

Re: Mining

Reply #1
Anything based on SHA256 like Bitcoin, LiteCoin, etc will be impossible to mine without extremely expensive and specialized hardware.

Therefore you want to mine something ASIC resistant like Monero or many of its derivatives based on the cryptonight/cryptonote algorithm.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login I suggest mining with this software

I suggest using a pool to pool/share resources of mining using a service like You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The chances of you solo mining your own monero is slim and could take you months and months to see anything...pools let you earn little by little since your pool wins every few hours...then they split up the earnings from mining proportionally for how many hashes per sec you were contributing...