Skip to main content
Topic: Hello Megathread (Read 3316 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Hello Megathread

Reply #50
Hello everybody,
I m not really sure how I actually get here, but since I found this page a few weeks I use this site as my homepage.
Really nice design and dozen of useful links. I hope the community continues growing.
Good job Admin, keep this thing going :) See ya in the chat

Temps

Reply #51
Hola!

Thanks for building this out and can't believe this sat in my "other bookmarks" for so long. It's now pinned and the default home page. Weboas.is gives me hope for the future of the net, again!

Reply #52
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hola!

Thanks for building this out and can't believe this sat in my "other bookmarks" for so long. It's now pinned and the default home page. Weboas.is gives me hope for the future of the net, again!

Glad to hear you gave us a second chance and now we achieved homepage status :-) Glad to have ya, welcome aboard.

Hello everybody,
I m not really sure how I actually get here, but since I found this page a few weeks I use this site as my homepage.
Really nice design and dozen of useful links. I hope the community continues growing.
Good job Admin, keep this thing going :) See ya in the chat

Temps

Thanks, I definitely plan on keeping it going! We need more chatters, please do come to chat :)

Reply #53
hello all, came here ~year ago from some link on reddit. Remember people giving Admin shit for his site. Thought it was cool, but I didn't really revisit till yesterday when it was brought back up in another reddit mention. Glad to see Admin didn't give up.

Hope this is the start of something that will rival what we used to once have on the net before certain groups decided to "nerf" everything.

Reply #54
Hi all, I've been using this as a search tool recently and I'm a bit nostalgic for a proper forum like in ye olden days. Admin seems like a cool dude so I'm hoping this can be a place to stick around and form a community proper.

Reply #55
hello all, came here ~year ago from some link on reddit. Remember people giving Admin shit for his site. Thought it was cool, but I didn't really revisit till yesterday when it was brought back up in another reddit mention. Glad to see Admin didn't give up.

Hope this is the start of something that will rival what we used to once have on the net before certain groups decided to "nerf" everything.
Hi all, I've been using this as a search tool recently and I'm a bit nostalgic for a proper forum like in ye olden days. Admin seems like a cool dude so I'm hoping this can be a place to stick around and form a community proper.

Welcome aboard you two...Glad to have ya, hope to see you both around often :-)

Reply #56
Hi, I found this place because someone mentioned it before r/CringeAnarchy was banned a few days ago, figured I'd see what this place is about even if other members don't move here.

Reply #57
Greetings all,

Just a quick rundown on myself.
I'm an old school sh*tposter, long before 4chan even came into existence. I've been on the web, since the BBS days. I used to hang out with the C.D.C on Mirc back in the day, some of you may remember me as Nick0teen back then, or ParaZite... Arphaxhad and Acid Reign used to be my main contacts back then.
Anyway, I've been on the web, breaking sh*t for years, and collecting more crap than any sane person ever would. I used to run a H/P/V type board in the early 90's, and everyone thought I was a chick, because I had a background of a woman in BDSM gear...oh the halcyon days of a young, naive internet.
I've had to "settle down" somewhat, and started my own consulting company about 15 years ago, due to my parents failing health. Being my own boss gives me flexibility, but the guy I work for is a real slave driver sometimes. :D
If I can help anyone on here, with anything, give me a shout.

Reply #58
I am d1gl3r. #doing my best to elevate away from my once former script kiddie self.

This place is awesome.... I love it... I am sure my wife will hate it.('for occupying my fleeting free time')

Thank you for all great site with from what I can tell very informative content. D1gl3r ;D

Reply #59
Just found the forum through the 'free vpn' alert at the bottom of weboas.is, big fan of your work You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login , keep it up (y)

Reply #60
Hi Everybody,

My name is markanthony and it's a pleasure to meet you all!  I don't remember how I found weboasis, but I think I've had it for a few months and I don't exist without it.

I especially like the radio...the sixties music from France is hilarious!!!

I saw the VPN offer and couldn't resist.  I'm glad I did because it gave me the opportunity to check out the forum.  
I'm a former COO of a financial firm and Dir of Sales for a Tech company who's doing (...trying to do) freelance Web Dev now. 

I appreciate the mature demeanor of this community and I look forward to becoming more involved.  Feel free to reach out...

Peace...

Reply #61
Hi there, saw this site from a "useful websites" youtube video, and ever since then it has been my home page. I have also shown this to many other people and they keep it as their home page too now.
Thanks for the awesome work.

Reply #62
Hi Everybody,

My name is markanthony and it's a pleasure to meet you all!  I don't remember how I found weboasis, but I think I've had it for a few months and I don't exist without it.

I especially like the radio...the sixties music from France is hilarious!!!

I saw the VPN offer and couldn't resist.  I'm glad I did because it gave me the opportunity to check out the forum.  
I'm a former COO of a financial firm and Dir of Sales for a Tech company who's doing (...trying to do) freelance Web Dev now. 

I appreciate the mature demeanor of this community and I look forward to becoming more involved.  Feel free to reach out...

Peace...

Got any connections to wealthy people in the tech world? Need to find someone with cryptocurrency they wouldn't mind donating to a good cause for more servers lol.

Hi there, saw this site from a "useful websites" youtube video, and ever since then it has been my home page. I have also shown this to many other people and they keep it as their home page too now.
Thanks for the awesome work.

Excellent, thanks for telling your friends. Keep spreading the word about us!!

Just found the forum through the 'free vpn' alert at the bottom of weboas.is, big fan of your work You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login , keep it up (y)

Trying to keep it up :-) Hoping to get us a faster 10Gbps VPN soon: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Reply #63
I saw this on reddit, now it's my homepage. Thanks again for your hard work admin

Reply #64
HIIIIIIIII!! 

I think i said thanks for the site and hello to all of you. Canadian!

Reply #65
I saw this on reddit, now it's my homepage. Thanks again for your hard work admin

Glad to hear we are your homepage. Enjoy :-)

HIIIIIIIII!! 

I think i said thanks for the site and hello to all of you. Canadian!

Welcome to WebOasis, glad to have ya from Canada!

Reply #66
Hi all,
It's been a while.

So, I have been a memberof templatep2p, original weboasis and seed.rs.

I also had a forum account here on weboasis before everything for deleted again.

Either way, I cam back because I noticed one of my sites were added to the homepage and I was getting some traffic, so thanks for that. Idk how you found out about it because it's pretty lowkey and would love to know. (upld.im)

I also run my own DMCA proof (not bulletproof) in Netherlands at dataone's DC. Co owned by ecatel, now novagoro. I own the hardware and rent IP space and network. Will share more on that and few offers later if anyone's interested.

Good to be here again, please don't wipe everything this time.

Reply #67
Hi all,
It's been a while.

So, I have been a memberof templatep2p, original weboasis and seed.rs.

I also had a forum account here on weboasis before everything for deleted again.

Either way, I cam back because I noticed one of my sites were added to the homepage and I was getting some traffic, so thanks for that. Idk how you found out about it because it's pretty lowkey and would love to know. (upld.im)

I also run my own DMCA proof (not bulletproof) in Netherlands at dataone's DC. Co owned by ecatel, now novagoro. I own the hardware and rent IP space and network. Will share more on that and few offers later if anyone's interested.

Good to be here again, please don't wipe everything this time.

You have a single server or whole rack? Isn't Dataone and ecatel/novogara just inside Netherlands Equinix?
What kind of speed and bandwidth does your rack/server have?
I can't even get the novogara guys to respond to me when I try to buy servers usually.
Are you worried about BREIN being in Netherlands and European Union?

I really want a 10Gbps Ecatel server to use as freebie VPN server for WebOasis users. If you have a better way to contact them, let me know.

Did you post upld.im on a few subreddits? That's really weird that you were already familiar with the site, because I'll be honest, I have no idea who you are or that the site belonged to you, just a weird coincidence. I think I saw it on reddit and liked the layout, rules, and responsiveness of it, plus the high MB limit for images.

Reply #68
You have a single server or whole rack? Isn't Dataone and ecatel/novogara just inside Netherlands Equinix?
What kind of speed and bandwidth does your rack/server have?
I can't even get the novogara guys to respond to me when I try to buy servers usually.
Are you worried about BREIN being in Netherlands and European Union?

I really want a 10Gbps Ecatel server to use as freebie VPN server for WebOasis users. If you have a better way to contact them, let me know.

Did you post upld.im on a few subreddits? That's really weird that you were already familiar with the site, because I'll be honest, I have no idea who you are or that the site belonged to you, just a weird coincidence. I think I saw it on reddit and liked the layout, rules, and responsiveness of it, plus the high MB limit for images.

Hey B... Admin.. Guess I gotta stay shush about it 🤞

I have 4U colocated right now and each server with its own dedicated 1Gbps unmetered line.

1 Server is used for OpenVZ Node with SAS, 1 for KVM and LXC Node with SSDs, 1 as a CDN for proxy streaming videos 24/7 and the last one as a Shared Hosting Node which isn't live yet.

It's not Equinix, dataone's DC is in Wormer which is a few miles outside of Amsterdam. They might have good connectivity but I'm not certain.

I'm not really worried about BREIN because ecatel is not the only one who have servers in dataone. They do have a lot of space for themselves but it's just that. For the same reason, I like to distribute my providers, I buy rack space from dataone and network from someone else and IPs from multiple providers.

I can check with my network provider for my cost on the 10Gbps dedicated line, but I don't expect it to be as cheap as novagorro.
As about contacting novagorro, I'm not sure even with physical access to DC I can do it. Dataone does make sure we all get out own spaces and we are only allowed to touch our own racks.

About upld, no I haven't posted it anywhere that's why I was surprised to see you even knew about it.
I used to go by the name haku on tp2p, weboasis, sitedev and seed.rs ( PS: Would you be willing to sell seed.rs and if so then for how much? )

Reply #69
Hey B... Admin.. Guess I gotta stay shush about it 🤞

I have 4U colocated right now and each server with its own dedicated 1Gbps unmetered line.

1 Server is used for OpenVZ Node with SAS, 1 for KVM and LXC Node with SSDs, 1 as a CDN for proxy streaming videos 24/7 and the last one as a Shared Hosting Node which isn't live yet.

It's not Equinix, dataone's DC is in Wormer which is a few miles outside of Amsterdam. They might have good connectivity but I'm not certain.

I'm not really worried about BREIN because ecatel is not the only one who have servers in dataone. They do have a lot of space for themselves but it's just that. For the same reason, I like to distribute my providers, I buy rack space from dataone and network from someone else and IPs from multiple providers.

I can check with my network provider for my cost on the 10Gbps dedicated line, but I don't expect it to be as cheap as novagorro.
As about contacting novagorro, I'm not sure even with physical access to DC I can do it. Dataone does make sure we all get out own spaces and we are only allowed to touch our own racks.

About upld, no I haven't posted it anywhere that's why I was surprised to see you even knew about it.
I used to go by the name haku on tp2p, weboasis, sitedev and seed.rs ( PS: Would you be willing to sell seed.rs and if so then for how much? )

It's seede.rs not seed.rs

How much are they charging you to colo each server with 1gbps unmetered?

Reply #70
It's seede.rs not seed.rs

That changes the whole thing now.

How much are they charging you to colo each server with 1gbps unmetered?

I pay €95/mo tor rack and network combined with 1Gbps unmetered on top of hardware for 1U and 0.6A

Just noticed, was upld.im removed for a reason from homepage?

Reply #71
That changes the whole thing now.

I pay €95/mo tor rack and network combined with 1Gbps unmetered on top of hardware for 1U and 0.6A

Just noticed, was upld.im removed for a reason from homepage?

No it hasn't been removed. You are possibly using an older cached version.

Most of the time, it's a caching issue. To fix most issues with WebOasis, Please clear all cookies and cache from your web browser then restart your browser.
You may also want to click the "Reset All To Default" button located in the upper left popout menu on the homepage of WebOasis.

Reply #72
Odd, I saw it yesterday but its gone today. Still don't see it

Reply #73
Odd, I saw it yesterday but its gone today. Still don't see it

Did you click that "Reset All To Default" button? Do that!
I didn't remove it.

Reply #74
I see it now, thanks.