Skip to main content
Topic: Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (Read 174 times) previous topic - next topic

Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Has anyone tried this? or have any knowledge or experience about it?

Wondering how well it works or if its just snake oil. A family friend has suffered a traumatic brain injury and suffers from depression and was wondering if this could help instead of medication.

Unfortunately my computer skills don't transfer too well to the medical field, but I'm real good at reading Wikipedia lol.

Re: Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation

Reply #1
I mean its non-invasive, how bad could it be?
Plus if its cheap, no harm in trying it.

My personal theory about depression is that it occurs due to lack of sunlight. Maybe send the guy out in sunlight more. (Just my 2 cents)

Reply #2
I am certified in Cranial Electromagnetic Stimulation (CES). It is FDA approved for the treatment or Anxiety, Insomnia, and Depression. It is currently being used to treat addiction and PTSD in 8 US military bases and VA hospitals. Last July it was added to the Navy's Pain Management program,

TBI sucks. I have seen people fully recover from TBI by using CES and Photobiomodulation (Cold Laser). Since your friend was not treated early on it should help with the depression, but if he has other cognitive issues it may be something he has to use every few days or every few weeks to maintain.

It is highly recommended that they do it for 60+ minutes each day for 21 days straight as it take 21 days for the brain to create a new habit.

We use the Alpha-Stim M and AID with out patients, but there is a cheaper unit called the CES Ultra that others have had success. The signal is transmitted through the ears and uses microamps of electricity whereas going through the skull requires more electrical or magnetic energy.

Reply #3
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I am certified in Cranial Electromagnetic Stimulation (CES). It is FDA approved for the treatment or Anxiety, Insomnia, and Depression. It is currently being used to treat addiction and PTSD in 8 US military bases and VA hospitals. Last July it was added to the Navy's Pain Management program,

TBI sucks. I have seen people fully recover from TBI by using CES and Photobiomodulation (Cold Laser). Since your friend was not treated early on it should help with the depression, but if he has other cognitive issues it may be something he has to use every few days or every few weeks to maintain.

It is highly recommended that they do it for 60+ minutes each day for 21 days straight as it take 21 days for the brain to create a new habit.

We use the Alpha-Stim M and AID with out patients, but there is a cheaper unit called the CES Ultra that others have had success. The signal is transmitted through the ears and uses microamps of electricity whereas going through the skull requires more electrical or magnetic energy.

Excellent, thanks for the information. I will look more into everything you've said :-)