Skip to main content
Topic: August 25th 2019 (Read 465 times) previous topic - next topic

August 25th 2019

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Please come check out the new WebOasis chatroom. It's a big upgrade from the previous one. Currently in beta working all the bugs out :-)

We will probably discontinue the old chat in the coming weeks and completely replace it with this new chat. Thanks!

It's completely new software running on a completely new server with a completely new database. You'll need to re-register.

Re: August 25th 2019

Reply #1

Please come check out the new WebOasis chatroom. It's a big upgrade from the previous one. Currently in beta working all the bugs out :-)

We will probably discontinue the old chat in the coming weeks and completely replace it with this new chat. Thanks!

It's completely new software running on a completely new server with a completely new database. You'll need to re-register.

pls dont discontinue the old chat i love it :3

Reply #2
gaaaaaayyyyy

Reply #3
pls dont discontinue the old chat i love it :3

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login its still accessible.

gaaaaaayyyyy

Yea some other members aren't fans of Zulip either...I will continue testing other chat software and if I find a better one I like, We'll switch to that. We aren't married to Zulip.

Reply #4
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login its still accessible.

Yea some other members aren't fans of Zulip either...I will continue testing other chat software and if I find a better one I like, We'll switch to that. We aren't married to Zulip.

thanks for taking feedback :D

Reply #5
Is the chat currently down?

Reply #6
Is the chat currently down?

Yes, Hosting company said one of their upstream providers is having issues.

You can see how it works for half the world and is offline for half: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

They said they are aware of issues, but didn't give me an ETA. Their upstream is Novogara/Ecatel/FiberExpress which is a bulletproof provider known for losing upstreams regularly due to abuse. So we'll see. Started happening last night.

Reply #7
That's one good thing about discord is if that happens you can switch servers its hosting off of from the UI. But guess its time to jump around on a vpn to see if I can get  a end point that will let me connect later.

Reply #8
Hello, The new chat is back up and running. We will be beta testing it the next few days. Please help us do so. Once we are comfortable with it, we will make it default chat and delete the old chat. New chat software is currently RocketChat. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login